- Playback support for twenty seven different music formats.
- Transparent decompression of GZIP, LHA, RAR, and ZIP archives.
- Optional volume level normalization.
- Export-to-WAV functionality.
The current release of Audio Overload supports music in the following file formats:
- AY - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST
- COP - Sam Coupe
- GBS - Nintendo Gameboy
- GSF - Nintendo Gameboy Advance
- GYM - Sega Megadrive/Genesis
- HES - PC Engine
- IMF - PC-compatibles, various Apogee games
- KSS - MSX
- MDX - Sharp X68000
- MOD - Commodore Amiga
- NSF - Nintendo NES
- NSFE - Nintendo NES (enhanced tags)
- ORC - TRS-80 Orchestra-90
- PSF - Sony PlayStation
- PSF2 - Sony PlayStation II
- QSF - Capcom QSound
- RAW - PC-compatibles with an AdLib
- ROL - PC-compatibles, AdLib Visual Composer
- S3M - PC-compatibles with a GUS or SoundBlaster
- S98 - NEC PC-98
- SAP - Atari XL/XE
- SCI - PC-compatibles, various Sierra games
- SNDH - Atari ST
- SPC - Super Nintendo
- VGM - Sega Master System/Game Gear
- VTX - Spectrum Vortex Tracker
- YM - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST
What's new in this version:
The major new feature in this release is support for the recently developed Sega Dreamcast .DSF format. This feature was coded largely by R. Belmont who has been doing the lions share of work on Audio Overload for the last few releases.