CNET Editors' review
Audio Hijack Pro is an affordable audio-recording workhorse for the Mac, capable of capturing audio from applications, devices such as microphones, or any other source that runs through your machine.
Audio Hijack Pro's clean, two-paned, iTunes-like interface focuses on sources that you can capture--which means just about anything, from software to hardware. By default, the left pane includes some of the usual suspects that you might want to record (DVD Player, iChat, iTunes, QuickTime Player, RealPlayer, Safari, Skype, your system audio, and default system input), but you can easily add additional sources, such as other apps or devices.
You can define all sorts of settings for any source in the app's right pane--including recording schedules, tags, and a wide range of audio effects--and this is where you'll find most of the muscle in Audio Hijack Pro's feature set, such as the ability to quickly define formats and run scripts (whether with Automator or AppleScript). At the same time, even more casual users will find a lot to like in Audio Hijack Pro, such as one-touch recording for Skype and iChat conversations.
Audio Hijack Pro won't help you edit audio--you'll need a good editor for that--but it's an excellent, all-around value for anyone who wants to capture audio on a Mac.Audio Hijack Pro - Capture and record audio from any device, app, or Web stream on your Mac - Download Video Previews:
From Rogue Amoeba Software:
Audio Hijack Pro drastically changes the way you use audio on your computer, giving you the freedom to listen to audio when you want and how you want. Record and enhance any audio with Audio Hijack Pro - it's the cornerstone of your digital audio experience.
Audio Hijack Pro will allow you to record any application's audio, from internet streams to DVD audio and everywhere in between. If your machine can play it, Audio Hijack Pro can record it. And that's not all - Audio Hijack Pro will also enhance any audio, unsing industry-standard VST and AudioUnit audio effects to make your music sound incredible. Record. Enhance.
What's new in this version:
- Audio Hijack Pro now has initial compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
- The audio capture engine has been completely overhauled. Audio capture from some sources may behave differently than it did previously. Please adjusted the revised "Advanced" settings as needed, and contact us with feedback.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 7.1.2, with full support for Mavericks. This update provides improvements to System Audio capture and audio capture fro... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Stream music from any application to Airport Express base stati...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Extremely simple audio recording app.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Lossless audio editing.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 92 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Priceless, can record anything audible on a Mac."
Version: Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9
Powerful, intuitive, a must-have on my Mac.
None I can think of, and I have been using this thing for ages
Great with "Fission," also by Rogue Amoeba
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: