In addition to being tucked into a very user-friendly package, this full software suite comes without a price tag. Though many of Ashampoo Burning Studio's features are related, it's still absurd to think about doing this much in one program. Just about anything you could want to do with or to a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray is possible.
Ashampoo Burning Studio welcomed us with a nice interface. Burning, ripping and every other feature this program has to offer are well organized in a helpful menu. Simply choose the feature you want and Ashampoo Burning Studio walks you right through the process. If something goes wrong or you make a mistake, the program will automatically notify you and explain some potential fixes. Though experienced users might not like this level of hand-holding, it's awesome for rookies. The software doesn't output to a ton of formats, but it does give you the option of creating .iso files, which is a nice touch. The only downside is that the program repeatedly tries to install a toolbar to your browser and entice you into buying the full version. Though that alone might scare some folks off, it's not enough to ruin the program.
Ashampoo Burning Studio offers too many features to pass up when it comes to burning discs. The program isn't customizable, but people who aren't tech-savvy will appreciate the clean interface and helpful hints. More experienced users might want to avoid the program and find something that isn't so frustratingly simple.
Burner software too complicated? Get power, simplicity and file backup too!
Many users are tired of over-complicated CD burning applications that are getting harder and harder to use. Sometimes you can waste most of your time just trying to find a function. Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE focuses on what you want: To burn discs quickly, easily, with maximum quality and minimum hassle. It includes everything you need to be able to do that. And it excludes everything that could get in the way.
Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE is still totally simple and intuitive to use.
- - Burn files and folders on data CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs
- - Burn Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files
- - Create music CDs and MP3/WMA discs
- - Burn Video-Blu-rays, Video DVD, Video CD (VCD) or Super Video CD (S-VCD)
- - Create and burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc images
- - Burn speed and other options can all be set automatically
- - Make copies from audio, video or data discs easily
- - Interactive troubleshooting assistant for solving hardware and media problems
- - Save project files so that you can burn the same discs again later
- - Erase CD-RWs / DVD+RWs / DVD-RWs/ DVD-RAM/ BD-REs
What's new in this version:
Improved burning engine and general bug fixes.