CNET Editors' review
Arclab Watermark Studio provides users with a quick way to apply watermarks to their images. While the program succeeds in its simplicity, it falls short with its customization.
The program's interface is a joy to work with. Featuring a small collection of command icons and a three-step process to create a watermark, users will be putting their stamp on photos quickly. In addition, there is a Help file for anyone having difficulty with the program. Applying a watermark is a simple matter of selecting a photo from a file tree to begin with. Next, users select one of the dozens of watermarks supplied in the program's pull-down menu and see how it will look in the preview screen. Finally, users select its destination and file type before the watermark is quickly applied. The program is low on special features, preferring to focus on keeping things simple and understandable for all. We would have liked to see an option to create our own text watermark by simply typing in a message, but we don't feel this takes away from the spectacular overall product.
The program leaves its own watermark on output until you purchase it. But thanks to its simple flow and easy watermark creation, this program is a great download for users needing to quickly keep their photos from being used.
From Arclab Software:
Arclab Watermark Studio is an easy to use image processing software to add visible and transparent watermarks to multiple images in a batch. It allows users to protect photos from unauthorized distribution using one of the included or a custom watermark, which could be added on any position and size. Watermark Studio also can be used to create thumbnails, resize images and convert whole directory structures in a batch. It supports text watermarks, custom text and imports text from image meta information (IPTC, EXIF, JPEG comment)
What's new in this version: Version 2.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Add a text, copyright information, and text watermark to your i...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Resize and convert your images in various formats.
- Read, resize, rename, and add watermark on your digital images.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add the copyright sign, text, watermarks, and dates to photos o...
- Open an image file and convert it into a wallpaper.
- Attach text and image watermarks to your pictures.
- Compress your photos without zipping and upload them 25x faster...
- Add image or text watermarks to your photos and pictures.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I was impressed."
Version: Arclab Watermark Studio 2.2
I downloaded the sample and looking at the program it looked like you could use your own watermark. This is contrary to what I read in the description. As it turned out I went into Photoshop, created a image with a transparent background, and entered my text in the Type Font; color, size, weight and locations I wanted, then saved as a PSD file. The program loaded it right up and it worked great. I am anxious to try the batch feature,
None so far
I would recommend this to anyone. It is simple and customizable as well. This program is good for any kind of user.
Version: Arclab Watermark Studio 2.2
I've tried a lot of different watermarking software now and I have to admit that Arclab WS 2 is a powerful solution, but...
...it's not for free. Today I've discovered a freeware named WaterMark V2 at download.cnet.com - it does the same, probably it can even do more for you and is for free.
Don't waste money on watermarking software. I would be fine with $ 5, but I would rather recommend using freeware or Photoshop macros.