AppleJack is a tool to make it easy to troubleshoot your Mac when no other startup disk is available to you. The script gives you an interactive menu-driven environment for basic disk check/repair, permissions repair, .plist validation, cache cleanup, and swap file removal. You can do basic system maintenance even if your GUI won't start up at all, simply by booting into single user mode, and typing 'applejack'.
Feedback: In order to make it easier for me to keep track of development of this application, please direct requests for enhancements and all bug reports to the sourceforge.net project page.
You can post features you'd like to see added at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=79562&atid=557037
Bug Reports should be sent to: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=79562&atid=557034
What's new in this version:
- Snow Leopard compatibility [feature 2845796] (Thanks again to Steve Anthony)
- Improved limits on output from syslog to STDOUT
- Simplified startup of services on Leopard and Snow Leopard
- Fixed bug in creation of user account lists in Snow Leopard where system accounts would show up
- S.M.A.R.T. status verification is now being done in the expert mode. I still want to implement this using smartmontools, but for now diskutil will do.
- ... See all new features »