Follow these steps to determine if your battery needs this update.
1. From the Apple menu, choose About this Mac.
2. Click More Info to start the System Profiler.
3. Locate the Hardware section and select Power.
4. Batteries with this information in the Battery Information section need this update:
1. A device name "ASMB016" or "ASMB013" in the serial number
2. A Pack Lot Code is 0002
3. A battery firmware version of 0110
Note: If the Pack Lot Code is 0003, the update is not necessary or has already been applied.
What's new in this version:
This update improves the ability of MacBook batteries to maintain a charge when the system is shut down and not used for an extended period of time.