CNET Editors' review
By being able to craft just about every element of the song, including lyrics and multiple instrumental layers, Anvil Studio makes it almost too easy to compose songs. Its interface isn't very attractive, but with great user guidance and a wealth of features, it's an awesome app for any musician.
Despite being loaded with features, this program downloads really quickly and is light by most standards. Anvil Studio has a great tutorial that opens when you get inside. It's helpful for finding all of the program's cool features, but it doesn't make you click through endless pages before you can get started. Starting your composition is as easy as clicking a few notes on the keyboard. Once they're on the staff, you can move them, draw lyrics over them and even make them harmonize with other notes. There are more than 40 instruments to use and each one can be layered over other sounds so you can get a better idea of what the finished product will sound like. If you don't know a ton about music theory, you might feel a little overwhelmed at the amount of options. Though the program's interface is stuck in the XP era, it makes it easy to surf through the vast number of features and tweaks this program offers.
Having more features than you can use in a sitting is a really good problem to have. No matter what your level of expertise, Anvil Studio offers a wonderful tool to help you compose music. It's a great learning resource, as well.
From Willow Software:
Editors Staff, Lyrics, Piano Roll, Percussion's, Loops, Audio, Events. File formats standard .MID and .WAV files. It has unlimited number of MIDI Tracks and includes extensive integrated help. Piano Roll or Rhythm editor with multi-level loops loops can refer to notes, other loops, samples, or Riffs. Enter notes from external MIDI device, on-screen guitar fret board, on-screen piano keyboard, or by dragging notes to the staff. Lyrics, track names, and comments can be in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other languages. Percussion editor employs standard percussion notation. Align notes with beats and measures. Stretch or compress notes over time. It is Compensation for MIDI and Audio device latency and working with low-latency ASIO and Virtual Instruments.
What's new in this version: Version 2013.08.01 supports a single VST-Effect or VST-Instrument, adds support for VSTs from more vendors, including Antares Audio Technologies, and improves usability of Piano Roll and Add Sounds button.
More Products to Consider
- Create your own music and supply it with studio effects.
- Record and edit multi-track audio.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Record and edit multi-track audio.
- Use this free multitrack player to record, create, and share mu...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create and edit music in a recording and mixing environment for...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Get the latest patch to update from version 9.0 to 9.03.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Write and edit music with comprehensive, integrated composition...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Get a high performance digital audio workstation.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Edit, create, record, convert audio files, and apply various au...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Record and play your MIDI and digital audio tracks.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Compose your own music.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 58 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content