CNET Editors' review
Touted as a simple study solution for those striving to learn a subject, this app effectively delivers a memorization system. A clean layout makes Anki for Android attractive, but some features may make it hard to use.
The setup and installation of Anki for Android starts out easy enough but once a user delves into the program, they may find it a bit too involved. The user interface is easy to navigate and the flashcard functions are fairly intuitive. A brightly designed background and high-contrast text make this application easy to read for most. Provided with the program is a tutorial deck that teaches the basic navigation. However, this program is not convenient for those simply wanting to study a subject on a moment's notice. The preparation of a deck of cards takes time and is quite involved. It requires the user to open each individual card and edit the content. Images, text, and sound may be added to the cards during this step. There is also a desktop program that allows the user to create a deck on an easier platform and import the deck later on. The content must then be manually entered into the proper folder using a file manager application. The mobile application does not provide for the deck to be downloaded across platforms.
While the user interface may be attractive and modern, this application lacks some key features that will make it more convenient to use for the wider audience. Importing decks to the application and editing them should be made easier. Anki for Android would be appropriate mainly for college students looking for a system they will use often. Once the decks are made and imported, the application will aid in memorization effectively.
Anki for Android is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn. Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Anki is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos, and scientific markup (via LaTeX).
Anki lets you study on your own computer, online, on your cell phone or other portable devices like an iPod touch. Synchronization features let you keep your information across multiple computers. Shared decks allow you to divide work between friends, and let teachers push material to many students at once. Anki runs an intelligent scheduler based on the SuperMemo SM2 algorithm. The flexible fact/card model allows you to generate multiple views of information, and input information in the format you wish--you are not limited to predefined styles. Anki is fully extensible, with a large number of plugins already available. Anki is open-source and optimized for speed, it will handle reviewing decks of 100,000+ cards with no problems.
More Products to Consider
- English - Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionary ( ).
- Translate English to Tamil.
- The Holy Bible, New King James Version Bible, NKJV.The Old Test...
- Get an English dictionary application for your Android device.
- Alkitab: Indonesian Bible with Section Headings and Parallel Ve...
- Scan your essay, article, term paper or dissertation with a sin...
- Get Sinhala Tamil English dictionary for your Android device.
- Read Kindle books on your Android devices.
- Access popular eBook community where readers discover, share, a...
- The entire Quran for free, English, Arabic + transcript + recit...
- A Beginners Guide to Java Terminology.
- Write American Psychological Association Format 6th ed. essays.
- Create and share custom greeting cards from your Android device...
- Help students in their studies by storing, managing, and displa...
- Get this MTG app to Crush your opponents, pass and feel the opp...
- A collection of Java questions that are used frequently in job ...
- Kamusku is an offline English-Indonesia dictionary and vice ver...
- Learn Spanish medical anatomy terms from your Android device.
- Learn Java The Fun Way!.
- Take users' opinions and transfer them into a thesis statement.
- Play the realistic anatomy game.
- View, edit, manage, and move files and folders from your Androi...
- The Sig Codes Quiz & Card App is an innovative self study aid w...
- Improve your child's vocabulary and visual memory.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content