CNET Editors' review
Angry Birds Space feels at once familiar and fresh. Unlike the previous sequels, which were pretty much the same game in different settings, Angry Birds Space puts a new spin on things with gravity-oriented physics, new obstacles to navigate, and bonus levels that add to the fun.
The gravitational mechanic in many of the levels adds a completely new element to how you approach each level. A flung bird might curve around a moon in one direction and then curve the other way once it passes into the next moon's orbit. It can also get caught in a gravity well and whip around the moon several times before hitting anything. Sometimes you'll need to fling a bird in the opposite direction (counterclockwise, for example) around a moon in order to hit a target instead of what seems like the most direct route because of other obstacles. Other times you'll need to fling an exploding bird and have it explode near a rock that will go careening into your target. Sometimes the goal is not simply to smash into a pig, but to knock it out of a high orbit so it crashes to the surface.
You learn all these tricks as you play through the game's more than 60 levels, and it's that feeling of discovery that makes Angry Birds Space such fun. What's more, Rovio throws in a few surprises along the way. [Mild spoiler alert] For example, if you break a camouflaged "golden eggsteroid" midlevel, you'll be instantly transported (via wormhole) to a separate mini-game. The first of these is an unapologetic and amusing nod to Space Invaders, where instead of shooting at aliens, you're flinging birds at them.
Once the mini-game ends, you're wormholed back to where you left off in the original level.
There are plenty of other goodies, but I don't want to ruin all the surprises. Suffice it to say, you'll have a hard time putting Angry Birds Space down, and I suspect most serious players will burn through all 60 levels in a day or two. Fortunately, Rovio says it has "more in the pipeline." If history is any indication, we'll see new levels on a regular basis and eventually new level packs.
Angry Birds Space comes in a version for the smaller screens on the iPhone and iPod Touch (99 cents) and an HD version ($2.99) for larger iPad screen. The same is true for the Android versions (same pricing) with one for phone screens and one for tablets. Anyone who liked the original Angry Birds games or just wants a well-thought-out artillery type of game will love Angry Birds Space.
From Rovio Mobile:
Angry Birds Space is an arcade game in space. After a giant claw kidnaps their eggs, the Angry Birds chase it into a wormhole and find themselves floating in a strange new galaxy surrounded by space pigs. Luckily the Angry Birds have super powers of their own. It features 130 interstellar levels on planets and in zero gravity, resulting in spectacular gameplay ranging from slow-motion puzzles to lightspeed destruction. Features include new birds, superpowers, zero-gravity space adventures, trick shots using planets' gravity, hidden bonus levels, and interactive backgrounds. Angry Birds Space HD is built for tablets to give the possible gameplay experience.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 includes 20 new fiery levels on the red planet and two antenna egg levels.
More Products to Consider
- Help the angry birds to rescue their eggs.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Help the angry birds to rescue their eggs.
- Fight fires using a water cannon while moving obstacles and act...
- Build, jump, build some more and then jump some more!.
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Destroy the poop monsters and an occasional dookie log.
- The field of Minesweeper is composed of square matrix.Each squa...
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
- ENJOY THIS SPECIAL FREE VERSION WITH NEW LEVELS NOT FOUND IN TH...
- A Hunger Games parody in which you must destroy all of the Kern...
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content