From Amaya Community:
Amaya HTML editor is a tool used to create and update documents directly on the Web. Browsing features are seamlessly integrated with the editing and remote access features in a uniform environment. Amaya started as an HTML + CSS style sheets editor. Since that time it was extended to support XML and an increasing number of XML applications such as the XHTML family, MathML, and SVG. If you also want to manage your MySQL or PostgreSQL database, you can also install a database GUI - NAVICAT. The current releases, Amaya 9.52, is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
You can display and partially edit XML documents. It's an internationalized application. It's free.
What's new in this version: This snapshot contains a security fix for a problem with the libwww as, in some cases, user password could be sent in the clear through https. This problem concerns only people who use the PUT capability of Amaya over SSL.
More Products to Consider
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- HTML & PHP text editor.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Multi-platform, multi-language IDE for end-to-end development o...
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- CSS/XML/HTML test & repair tool.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Web browser geared towards web developers.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Text editor with syntax highlighting and other convenient featu...
- Integrated solution for creating complex XML and XSLT scenarios...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Check website links.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Highly-extensible, multi-platform, validating XML editor featur...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Lame! Completely useless."
Version: Amaya HTML Editor 11.4.4
It is WYSIWYG.
1. WYSIWYG does not refresh when changes are made to HTML code directly in split window view.
2. When editing HTML code directly in code window, text disappears. You have to clic outside the window in order to view changes made.
Don't bother to download this crappy software!
"Amaya HTML Stability has improved"
Version: Amaya HTML Editor 11.3.1
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I have been attempting to use amaya off and on since 2004. I found that the versions under windows and linux were very limited in functionality and very unstable. Amaya was very crash prone and could not render complex pages.
But the latest version, 11.3.1 is very good. I installed it an hour ago on my Debian Linux (Lenny) machine and used it to make corrections of a web page. Completely stable. The page rendered perfectly. I will still put it through its paces, but it looks like Amaya will be my wysiwyg tool for Linux.
No more pining after Dreamweaver.