Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
- Cross-platform -- use the same editor on Windows, Unix and MacOS X.
- Very extensible and configurable
- Mode-specific syntax colouring, configurable with built in support for C/C++, HTML, Java, Tcl, Perl and 40 other modes.
- Exceptionally powerful modes for HTML/CSS, LaTeX/BibTeX, Perl, Matlab, C++, Java, Tcl and Metafont
- File sets - organise your files and deal with sets independently, including operations like printing, ftp-mirroring, version control, archiving, etc.
- Active user community writing additional modes, menus and other plugins,
- Open source, and easily customizable.
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Contains helpers so you can easily add yet more modes!
- Completely scriptable
- Available either as a set of scripts or as a single standalone executable (or 'starkit')
- Support for unlimited variety of plugins
- Tearoff menus for easy access.
- Automatic backup of files
- Multi-byte (IME) Support