CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Ever wonder how those video blogs get neat screenshots of their phone to show you an app? AirDroid lets you do that, in addition to controlling plenty of your phone's features. It works best with a rooted phone, but even stock builds of Android might enjoy the enhanced control of their gadget that this app offers.
It takes a few minutes to finish setting up AirDroid on your computer. Mercifully, there's no desktop client to download and you can connect your phone by scanning a QR code, which feels super cool. Once you're logged in, you can access your contacts, apps, and all sorts of other information on your phone. Sadly, if you're not rooted, you'll miss out on some of the advanced controls. Also, instead of mirroring your phone's background or layout, this app gives you a generic menu with goofy-looking buttons. It does give you detailed information about your phone's current memory, battery, and signal strength, though. You can also download app, photo, or video files from your gadget right to your computer for easy backup. If you want to watch your phone's videos without downloading, you need to install QuickTime.
This app offers a great toolkit for techies who like complete control of their gadget. For people who aren't interested in rooting their phone or installing custom ROMs, AirDroid isn't as useful. Those folks will be able to wirelessly back up their phone's files and apps, which is a nice touch. It also makes it easy to install things without connecting a USB. If those features appeal to you, this app is fast and scores bonus points for working in your browser without downloading.
AirDroid for Android is a free app that lets you wirelessly manage and control your Android device from a web browser Over-The-Air. With AirDroid for Android, you can transfer files to and from your device via web browser, wireless operation via WiFi connection. No client required on computer, you can enjoy all functions and features just in your browser. AirDroid for Android features IM interface, easy contacts grouping and search, and chat with your friends conveniently, music playback and photos slide show on web desktop, and features Batch backup and one-tap operation. AirDroid for Android provides convenient management on your device including Device Status, Processes Manager, Apps Manager, and SD Card control. AirDroid for Android allows you to manage media files with advanced browsing and search.
More Products to Consider
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- AnMoney Personal Finance.
- Your FTP/SFTP client.
- Keep the software on your Windows computer up-to-date and runni...
- Get the FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client for your Android device.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Add an ownCloud server now and get ... Your Cloud, Your Data, Y...
- Drag your finger to crop, adjust color, and apply effects to im...
- Protect your Android devices from malware and viruses.
- Remotely control a computer from their Android phone/tablet.
- Answer your call without even touching your Android phone.
- Surf the Web Privately and Securely with SSH Tunnel.
- Vpn One Click protects your privacy online and unlocks all bloc...
- Connect automatically to free Wi-Fi networks.
- Protect your Android devices from malware, spyware, and viruses...