CNET Editors' reviewDue to a relatively small database of malware programs and lack of advanced features such as real-time protection, this antispyware application seems more like a work in progress than a finished product.
Though it quickly goes about its business, Adware Away can't identify as many offending applications as its competitors, and it fails to catch quite a few third-party programs. The main window is easy enough to understand and quite polished. You can choose the areas of your PC to scan, but the program offers no additional information on found entries and doesn't allow you to sort them. The five-day trial period also may be too short for some users to fully evaluate this application.
At the end of the day, Adware Away stands as a strictly so-so option; it won't hurt to try it out, but its bigger-name competitors offer more comprehensive levels of protection.
From F.Y.N. Tech:
Adware Away is not only a malware removal tool, but also a diagnostic tool for Windows operating system. It is designed for both general computer user and computer repair technician. Our goals is to help user fix hard-to-fix problem which can not be fixed by other program and remove all hard-to-kill malwares including adware, spyware, browser hijacker, Trojan, and worm. With Adware Away, you can find and remove any new malwares and new variant of old malwares. AA provides a customizing service, which can greatly help those general computer users who have not much computer knowledge.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Detect and remove malware from your PC manually.
- Protect a computer against spyware, malware and adware.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your PC from harmful threats.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Scan your PC for viruses and remove malware.
- Removes viruses and malware from your computer.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Detect and eliminate various threats from your computer.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Scan files, memory, and registry for trojans.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Identify and remove keyloggers, browser hijackers, adware, and ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 47 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Adware Away 4.1
None. All these positive reviews must be schills who made the product.
I ordered their "one time fix", well, first it's a pain because you have to do a scan and send them the log file, but then the E-mail they gave me is a fake address, so basically I never heard from them and wasted my money and I still have the problem. They have no phone number and their official address also returns undeliverable.
Anyone thinking there is a "free" trial don't be fooled, they just let you download the product, it does a scan, and ofcourse finds tons of things "wrong" with your computer, BUT, naturally you must pay for full version to fix them. Don't fall for their one time fix scam either (see above).