From Advanced Onion Router:
Advanced Onion Router is a client for OR network and is intended to be an improved alternative for Tor, Vidalia, and Privoxy bundle for Windows users. It is able to force a program and its plugins to use the Tor proxy regardless of its configured proxy.
More Products to Consider
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Create virtual boxshots, eBooks, and covers for your products.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Block pop-ups in Web browsers and ad-displaying programs.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Allow you to check Proxy on specified web address.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Optimize Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- 6 system speeding utilities.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Try out the experimental channel for Mozilla Firefox.
- Play a Windows version of snake with various features.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Advanced Onion Router 0.3.0.10
This uses the Tor network to help you surf the web anonymously using Tor proxies. This program makes setting the network far easier than in Tor itself because there are far more options and its quite easy to configure the basics. It works well so far with Chrome browser and you can add programs to force them to use the Tor network by drag and drop as well as other options if you need to.
Like all Tor connections this will slow down your browser a little though its ok for general browsing. Not good for viewing videos though or using a Torrent client or anything that needs a fast connection. I found that to end a Tor connection I had to both manually change back my browser proxy settings and then close Onion Router completely. I found that even then I had to occasionally reboot.
A good alternative to Tor or Vidalia bundle but still needs some work to improve its ability to open/close a Tor network with ease. A help file would also be useful as would the ability to speed up connections.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content