Add Contacts is an Outlook plugin that automatically adds e-mail addresses to the contact folder when you reply to a message and/or send a new message. This add-on for Microsoft Outlook will help you to avoid losing addresses of people you correspond with. Moreover, the collected addresses can be used for mail filtering. For example, you can use the Rule Wizard to have messages from certain senders (whose addresses are there in the address book) placed in a separate folder to ensure that their message will be dealt with greater priority and no important messages will be lost with deleted spam. Some spam filters also check the contact folder to rule out erratic responses to recognised senders.
When a contact is being created, this add-on for Outlook attempts to detect the name corresponding to the e-mail address automatically. So, if you have received a message from the address "John Smith" , the new contact created by the program will be named John Smith. However, if name detection fails, add-on for Outlook attempts to retrieve it from the message body itself. For example, if your message begins with the words "Dear John,", the program will automatically extract the name from the greeting and create a contact named John. You can disable automatic name detection in the add-on for Outlook settings. You can also enable the option of category assigning to created contacts. If a category is assigned to a message while sending, the same category will be assigned to the created contact.
What's new in this version: Version 1.6.5 has added support for Microsoft Office 2010 Beta.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Send SMS messages using contact lists from Outlook Express.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Protect your e-mail from spam.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Update your contacts' information in Outlook from your UnYK add...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- View, display attachments, and manage your e-mails.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Manage your Outlook tasks and track your appointments and activ...
- Tend to your incoming emails easily with this Outlook assistant...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Manage your contacts using letter tabs like a regular notebook.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Send allocated messages, search duplicates, and manage attachme...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Get reminders about your Outlook e-mails and appointments.
- Keep your address book up-to-date automatically.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Control access to Outlook Express, its email message database a...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Poorly executed work flow. Don't trust your email and contacts to this tool."
Version: Add Contacts 1.6.3
It's a great idea.
The work flow for adding multiple addresses was a mess. Every new entry required responding to 3 different dialog boxes. There was no way to "Ignore all" (if I'm sending to a one-time group) or to "Add all" (if I'm starting a new relationship with a large group of folks).
What was scarier for me was the "cancel" action. Did I cancel the addition or cancel the email sending? I couldn't tell.
It's great for a product to do my bidding for me by intercepting outbound messages, but if that product looses my trust, I must revert to manual habits.
This product lost my trust, and didn't really save me any work.
And did I mention that the tech support was so slow that the answer arrived after the evaluation period. And it couldn't be extended to evaluate the answer?
That was answer enough for me.