From Victor Ananiev:
ADORB is a free open source Mac OS X framework that provides CORBA/IIOP implementation for Objective-C, primarily to simplify developing CORBA client applications on Mac OS X and iPhone OS. ADORB implements dynamic IDL parsing at run-time and native IDL to Objective-C mapping - IDL types can be mapped to the arbitrary Objective-C classes.
Usually, creating a CORBA application includes generating the stub or skeleton files from the IDL files and then compiling and linking those files with the application.
ADORB interprets the CORBA IDL files at run-time and dynamically creates the method invocations for the remote operations - there are no stub or skeleton files to be generated and compiled with the CORBA application.
ADORB separates the CORBA application from the IDL definitions creating some level of independency of the application from the CORBA IDL definitions. In many cases the minor changes in the IDL files do not affect the application - the IDL files can be just replaced and the application restarted.
- Dynamic IDL parsing at run time and dynamic bindings. No stub or skeleton files and no IDL compiler needed.
- Dynamic creating of invocations.
- Native Objective-C bindings. The IDL types can be mapped to arbitrary ObjC classes.
- Supports IDL valuetypes and abstract interfaces.
- Allows callbacks from within a remote call.
- Supports CORBA Interceptors.
- Supports RMI_IIOP. The typeID can have prefix either IDL: or RMI:
- Supports GIOP 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.
- IIOP interoperability with other CORBA ORBS.
What's new in this version:
- ORB: added static library for iPhone OS and iPhone Simulator
- ORB: Simple type octet is treated now as unsigned char and uses NSNumber as object wrapper (was mapped as NSData)
Argument type and return value should be 'unsigned char'.
The types octet and sequence
continue to be mapped to NSData
For backwards compatibily the type octet can be mapped to NSData by calling method [ORB setMapsOctetToNSData:YES]
idl2h: Fixed generating header for types o... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Manage business database applications.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- File/folder permissions editor, droplet creator, browser...
- Extension for SQLite, REAL Server, REALbasic, SQLiteManager.
- Write Perl CGI scripts for MySQL, Oracle...
- Add Sparkle updating to REALbasic apps.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Engine for the interpreter for PostScript and PDF.
- SQL database management tool.
- Scripting addition (OSAX) adds database functions to AppleScrip...
- Converts PDF screenshots to JPGs or PNGs.