CNET Editors' review
ACDSee Pro 6 is the photo editing software of choice for many professional photographers. It offers powerful image editing and cataloging tools with secure online storage capabilities that let you store and access massive RAW images for editing and processing wherever and whenever you want or need them. ACDSee is oriented toward maximizing your workflow, too. The fully featured ACDSee Pro 6 is free to try for 30 days. It's not cheap, but it's hardly expensive as image editing software goes. It's well within the budget of sophisticated amateurs, and the price includes online storage space.
ACDSee Pro's installer lets you choose three options for handling file associations: 1) all image file types; 2) only unassociated types; and 3) custom settings that let you choose which file types ACDSee handles one by one. To use ACDSee's online tools and storage space, you'll need to create an account, though that's easy to do, and users who have registered for an account with the freeware version or one of ACD's other products can simply sign in with their existing user name and password, and ACDSee Pro will automatically link to your account. A Quick Start Guide popped up as soon as we logged on to our account. We recommend spending a few minutes clicking through this brief, well-illustrated guide. ACDSee Pro's user interface bears a strong resemblance to other top-quality image editors, with white fonts on a slate gray background. It has an efficient layout that you can customize to suit. ACDSee Pro's features are too extensive to list, but this program seems to have pretty much everything a pro photographer needs to develop, edit, and manage digital images. It also handles slideshows, image audio, screen capture, and external editors.
Both the 32-bit and 54-bit versions of ACDSee Pro 6 performed flawlessly: We even installed the 32-bit version in 64-bit Windows in Compatibility Mode with no issues. While novice photographers might not need (or want) all that ACDSee has on offer, serious photographers will like this full-featured editing and storage program.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ACDSee Pro 6. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
From ACD Systems:
ACDSee Pro 7 has everything you need to manage, perfect, and present your images. Carry out digital asset management and all the essential tasks of your photography workflow in one complete, amazingly fast solution. Achieve stunning results, stay organized, save time. ACDSee Pro 7 delivers total photography control.
- Digital asset management
Organize any way you want. Add metadata, ratings, keywords, categories, and location details to your images. Quickly identify photos for further processing with visual tags and color labels. Make use of powerful search tools to find photos based on almost any criteria. With ACDSee Pro 7, even the wildest of libraries can be tamed.
- Non-destructive freedom
Get set for worry-free, go-for-it creativity. ACDSee Pro 7's non-destructive environment means your original images always stay intact. Preview your changes instantly, hide, reveal or switch up adjustments, and save different versions of your photos.
- RAW processing
See incredibly true-to-life color representation and contrast. Get the correct white balance and exposure, and fine tune tonal distribution. Boost vibrance while protecting skin tones, and adjust saturation, brightness and hue on a color-by-color basis. Avoid color clipping during RAW conversion by leveraging your image's histogram.
- Super fast viewing
Count on ACDSee Pro 7 to display your photos, including the largest of RAW files, exactly the way you want, fast. View your images in real time, from their original locations, since you never have to import them into a separate library first.
- Patented lighting technology
Improve areas that are too light or too dark with the Lighting tool, powered by ACDSee's patented LCE (Lighting and Contrast Enhancement) technology. Instantly lighten shadows and reduce highlights, change the tonal range and color balance, and experiment with single-exposure HDR effects.
What's new in this version: ACDSee Pro 7 has everything you need to manage, perfect, and present your images. Carry out digital asset management and all the essential tasks of your photography workflow in one complete, amazingly fast solution. Achieve stunning results, stay organized, save time. ACDSee Pro 7 delivers total photography control.
- Digital asset management
Organize any way you want. Add metadata, ratings, keywords, categories, and location details to your images. Quickly identify photos for furthe... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Enhance your photos and create professional-looking images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View your photos in slideshow with random effects.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphon...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Listen to your favorite music in better sound quality.
- View, catalog, manage, and distribute your digital pictures.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 51 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great workflow design."
Version: ACDSee Pro 7 22.214.171.124
With ACDSee Pro 5 I can completely process a Digital Picture into a Publishing Quality Masterwork within minutes. ACDSee Pro 5 is much more intuitive than any other Photo Processing Software that I have tried
The "Sharpening" and "Shadow" adjustments are exceptional too.
Features like the "Light EQ" and now the "Color EQ" in ACDSee Pro 5, make enhancing Digital Photos so easy, intuitive, and fun.