CNET Editors' reviewLike other real-time strategy war games, A.R.S.E.N.A.L. Extended Power requires you to research technology, amass resources, build fighting units, and attack opponents while defending your home turf. But A.R.S.E.N.A.L.'s intelligent scoring system, multiplayer team play, and variable character personalities create an entertaining and replayable experience.
Players begin by selecting their character's name, face, flag, and nationality. Different flags provide access to different special units, including an atomic bomber. By commercial standards, the graphics are only serviceable, though a new Deep View, near-3D mode in the latest version improves them. The essentials are there, with large maps and clearly distinguishable units and buildings. The game features some witty audio effects, and the computer makes a tough opponent.
However, A.R.S.E.N.A.L.'s interface for selecting units can be confusing, and the lack of instructions makes learning the hot keys difficult. We encountered graphical glitches. And the demo's 20-minute-per-level time limit isn't enough to finish even the shortest battles. Nevertheless, the wicked AI and humorous touches make this an enjoyable download for players willing to stick it out.
From Tactical Soft:
A.R.S.E.N.A.L. Extended Power is a real-time strategy game featuring 40 different types of units of World War II for land, sea and air combat. In addition to building and deploying forces, the game requires skill in managing resources and negotiating with other players. Features include network and online game up to 32 players, player chat, World High Score, user level editor with on-line sharing and a random game generator.
Version 2.G provides support to recover lost licenses.
What's new in this version: Version 2.H switches to new game server.
More Products to Consider
- Get a profile trainer for A.R.S.E.N.A.L. Extended Power 2.F1.
- Build an empire to wage war in ancient Roman times.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Travel, explore, make friends, and socialize, for status and we...
- Play an interesting simulation game for free.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an interesting samurai action game.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play an interesting samurai action game.
- Play as the British or Spanish in New England or Texas.
- Play an interesting action game.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Find multiplayer gaming sessions on the net.
- Lead robots into battle to gain territories and destroy the opp...
- Play an interesting paparazzi arcade game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Create, edit, and burn disc images.
- Play online multiplayer tactical warfare game designed for fast...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 100 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: A.R.S.E.N.A.L Extended Power 2.H
Control of own army. 7 other AI players to verse or ally with. Research is quick, building is quick, everything keeps moving, doesn't get boring. Draws your mind away from other things in the world.
Visual and sound quality is not the best. Easy to forget about a squad you were attacking with. Become a Monster, ally with the Tektons and their greedy nature will send 100 tanks down to where you are attacking, they'll take houses, take the HQ and build wherever possible. (Just be a good guy). Saving will break the bonus points advantage. Pissed me off after 10 hours playing, I saved regularly. My score was 230,000 with over 800,000 bonus points still adding.. Sooo annoying.
Fun game, countless hours of playtime. A bit unfair, but still enjoyable.
Note: Set yourself a challenge! Attack someone who has a lot of land, or is sending out attacks. They won't take action until you approach their base, but by then, you've already won.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: