CNET Editors' review
Unique's 3D Salt Water Fish Tank is an attractive screen saver that transforms your computer into a burbling aquarium. Some aspects could be better, but it's soothing and not a bad simulation overall.
The screen saver's graphics aren't going to fool anyone into thinking that they're seeing real fish, but on the whole, they're pretty high quality, with smooth and realistic movement. We like that you can customize the look of the aquarium to some extent, such as setting the tank lighting for high noon, dusk, or night. You can also adjust the tint and brightness. We've seen similar programs that let you control the number of fish and their speed and motion, but this screen saver doesn't offer that option. Still, for the most part, 3D Salt Water Fish Tank is quite pleasing visually. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the program's audio; in fact, perhaps the best thing that can be said about it is that it can be turned off. The screen saver sounds more like a pot of boiling water than a bubbling fish tank, and the low quality of the recording results in a fuzzy hiss in the background that is rather irritating. Overall, though, the program isn't bad, especially if you don't need the audio. The interface is simple and intuitive, and an online Help file answers basic questions.
The free trial version of 3D Salt Water Fish Tank contains a nag screen. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend it to all users.
From Unique 3D Screensavers:
Beautiful realistic Salt Water Fish Tank has sea anemones, swaying plants, a treasure chest that emits bubbles, an animated side tank filter, colorful salt water fishes and more! Has aquarium bubble sounds. Want a soothing night time scene? Just set the time of day to nightime and a dark shadowy blue hue is cast on everything. Prefer a dusky sunset scene? The dusk setting produces a deep orange hue. Demo contains full set of features. Have fun customizing this screen saver to your preferences. In addition to tint, brightness, time of day settings, sound mute and volume control you can play your own MP3 music.
What's new in this version: Version 5.5 is compatible with Windows7.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Bring the beauty of African Serengeti wild life to your monitor...
- Bring underwater world to your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Zip and unzip files, protect them by encryption, connect to clo...
- Watch breathtaking animated waterfall with eagles soaring above...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Display a golden spinning cross with reflecting colors.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Decorate your desktop with a Veep TV show screensaver.
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Shows spectacular varieties of 3D butterflies fly around the tr...
- Decorate your desktop with a balls screensaver.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Watch beautiful snowflakes fall across your screen.
- Decorate your desktop with a West Wing TV show screensaver.
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Decent, works, but prob better out there"
Version: 3D Salt Water Fish Tank 5.1
Runs decently even on low end computers
Options made for great looking scenes
Not "realistic" as described, more like...cartoon-ish.
Bubbels sounded horrible.
Prob worth the $10 if you have a nice graphics card, fish kinda jumped around the screen on my AGP 4x: ATI Radeon 7000/Radeon VE DDR video card.