A world first in mobile health, xRapid-Malaria allows health workers from all over the world to diagnose malaria quickly, accurately, with less than an hour of training.
The app provides qualitative and quantitative diagnostic results with an accuracy greater than 98% in both laboratory and field conditions. Additionally, it has the lowest cost per test on the global market.
xRapid-Malaria is based on the traditional thick smear diagnostic test used in optical malaria parasite microscopy. The analysis is automated by means of digital image analysis and artificial intelligence. It runs locally, without requiring an internet connection. Largely independent of the operator skills, it combines the quality assurance and accuracy of a laboratory microscope test - the gold standard - with the accessibility and speed of rapid diagnostic tests, all at a significantly lower cost than either.
- Diagnoses malaria from traditional microscope slides at a rate of 30 per hour within 98% of accuracy, with a sensibility of 2 parasites per microliter
- All five types of plasmodium (Falciparum, Vivax, Ovalae, Malariae, Knowlesi) detected
- Both traditional Giemsa and Field stains now supported
- Accurate parasite count per microliter, by raw numbers or by percentage
- Automated generation of reports: send my mail, export as PDF or spreadsheet, print
- Functionality to store patient files and practitioner details
- Save and upload high quality microscopy pictures for QC or further analysis
Feel free to contact us to receive detailed protocols for the preparation of thick smears, and our best practice guide.
PLEASE NOTE: A COMPOUND MICROSCOPE WITH 1000 OIL-IMMERSION OBJECTIVE, AN IPHONE ADAPTER AND A TEST CONTRACT ARE REQUIRED FOR THE USE OF THIS APPLICATION.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.