UPEI SAFE is the official safety app of University of Prince Edward Island. It is the only app that integrates with UPEI's safety and security systems. Security Services has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the UPEI campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
UPEI SAFE features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the UPEI area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Panic Button / Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to UPEI security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to UPEI security.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Safety Tips: Security Tips and Health and Safety Tips to enhance your safety.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- Im OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that Youre OK to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Maps and Parking: Navigate around the UPEI area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users arent connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at UPEI.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from UPEI safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert Campus Security.
Download today to ensure youre prepared in the event of an emergency.