tApCalcCPA is a handy financial calculator for Palm OS devices. It provides a simulated paper tape that allows users to record calculations and save them for future reference. Paper tape simulation has many advantages. You can start a calculation and continue adding new calculations till you have entered all data, you can edit wrong data in the calculation and recalculate without re-entering all data again. The tape can also be saved as a txt file for editing with other applications. In addition to standard calculator functions and memory functions, tApCalcCPA provides a host of other functions. .
Accounting Functions :
- Has all standard calculator number and operators
- Memory functions
- Thousand separator
- Scientific operators SQRT, 1/X and %
- Support all regional number formats that can be set through the device settings.
- Preferences option to set number of decimal places to display, TAX rate, and output tape format.
Tape related functions :
- TAX+ and TAX- keys to automatically calculate tax at a rate set through preferences.
- Sub-total, Total, Grand total keys to display running sub-total, total and Grand total of all totals.
- Mark-up, Mark-down keys to calculate profi mark-up or down on sale price.
- Calculations recorded in tApCalcCPA paper tapes can be Saved in Palm Database.
- Each line on calculation can have comments indicating what it is for.
- tapes can be Loaded, and extended with additional calculations, particularly helpful traveler that want to keep a running tab on expenses as the calculation starts where it had ended. Tapes can be Edited to add labels to calculations, correct mistakes in numbers and operators, and the calculation redone using Run function. Helpful when there are mistakes in entering data for long calculations. You don not have to go back and enter all data again.
- Tapes can be printed if Palm Print is installed, beamed, or emailed.