smsZap is a quick and easy to use application that enables the sending of SMS (Short Message System) text messages from your Mac to mobile phones. It has been built from the ground up and optimised for Panther and Tiger Mac OS's.
Messages that you send with smsZap are passed over the Internet, so there's no need to connect your phone to your Mac to get your message out. Also because it's Internet based you can use smsZap from anywhere in the world and not have to pay the surcharges usually associated with International or roaming connections.
Enjoy the upgrade of going from your cramped mobile keypad to the full keyboard of your Mac, or avoid touching the keyboard altogether and simply copy and paste your message to an SMS (e.g. fire off a news headline from a web page to a friend, or copy an address from an email to your own phone).
Message credits can be purchased from smszap.com and will typically undercut the SMS charges of the mobile networks.
- Low cost mobile messaging. Save money on international text messages (you may also make considerable savings on local / national text messaging too) and send messages whilst you are travelling without paying any roaming charges.
- Send messages quickly from your computer without having to awkwardly type them on a mobile phone keypad.
- Track the progress of your messages in real-time as they are sent and get delivery confirmation when the message arrives (in many cases you can even tell when somebody has got their phone switched off and therefore haven't received your message yet!).
- Use SMS even in areas where you can't even get a mobile signal.
- Send official SMS messages that need to be stamped with your company name as the sender.
- Deliver messages reliably to phone networks not necessarily supported by your own provider.
- Keep messages off your phone's memory for security or privacy reasons.
- Very resource efficient: only a 276 KB download that uses minimal hard disk space, and will go unnoticed from a CPU / memory usage point of view.
Special Mac Integration Features:
- Copy and paste information from Safari, Mail (or any other application) to your own phone or a friend's.
- Integrates with the Apple Address Book. Access all your contacts from within smsZap: click their name and the number you want to send the text message, type your message and hit send!