Sequencing with Lenny is designed for children ages approximately four years and up and teaches sequencing, sentence formulation, linguistic concepts, and storytelling skills. Three and four-picture sequences of common childhood activities are scrambled and the child must put them in the correct order of occurrence. A short movie then plays the 'story'. The app comes with a feature that allows the user to add and use their own personalized sequence. This app can be used either at home or in therapy and is designed to be used either with or without adult interaction. Some skills that are addressed with this app include:
Sentence formulation skills (using increasingly longer and more complex sentences).
Understanding and use of first next and last linguistic concepts.
Included are some exciting features not found in other sequencing apps:
* An option to include the audio clues: 'first', 'next' and 'last' to accompany the spoken clues. This option provides more clues for children and also helps reinforce these linguistic concepts.
* An option to add your own sequence of your child engaged in an activity. This is a great way to personalize the app for your child!
* A 'Teach Me' button. Activate it and the app will guide you through putting the pictures in the correct order. This feature is great for children in the early stages of learning sequencing and for when they are using the app independently.
* Mini-animations provide even more clues and context. Simply double-tap on any picture and a mini animation will show just that part of the sequence.
* Both three and four panel sequences are included to make the app more challenging for older children.
* Settings can be customized to increase or decrease the level of difficulty for your child.
* Pictures and animations are engaging without being too 'busy' and full of distracting elements.