This smartphone application aims to provide weather forecast and
disaster advisories and warning information from Samoa Meteorology Division (SMD) so that the users can take early actions to reduce the impact by potential disasters.
The following information is provided by the first release version:
- Weather forecast with icons (Updated every 6am and 5pm)
- Earthquake information severe than magnitude 6
- Felt earthquake information in Samoa (regardless the magnitude)
- Warnings for heavy rain, cyclone, and tsunami
- The time of sunrise and sunset. Moon phase. The high and low tide of the day.
- Climate information (e.g. Drought index for forest fire caution.)
Please visit SMD's web site as well as our Facebook page, where you can find more about weather, climate, and geophysics in Samoa.