The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Charles W. Pritt:
This is the must have application for all system admins. It generates secure, repeatable passwords using configuration settings supplied by the user. The windows version is used daily in a large corporate data center to comply with security audit requirements. Here is a list of a few features: * Passwords length configurable.
* Combination of character sets
* Uppercase, Lowercase, numbers, and symbols
* Secret keys that are time stamped
* All configuration settings saved in database
* No generated passwords saved.. I am a SQL Server DBA for a large medical corporation that has many hospitals. We have over 300 seperate production sql server systems with thousands of databases and thousands of users. Recently, we went through a security audit, and were required to have a different secure password for the user 'sa' on every single production sql server. Also, every login that wasn't windows authenticated required a new secure password using symbols, numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters. The entire process had to be redone every 6 months since this was the frequency that passwords were required to be changed to meet the audit requirements. This was a monumental task to achieve and maintain. I wrote a c# application that would generate REPEATABLE secure passwords that met the security audit requirements. The security came from the password being generated from 4 key words, two of the key words were kept secret. Also, we could select what character sets to be used in the generated password. The application would generate the exact same password if all 4 key words were the same, so it was REPEATABLE. In 6 months when new passwords were required just use different key words. The old key words were saved by date and could be recalled if needing to get to an old password. It was simple to use and maintain. The system worked and met our security audit requirements. Other members of the team suggested i market this app to others that might be able to use and benefit from the application. So, I did. I have created the Apple App Store app called pwdGen. It is only $0.99 and is available now. It works on both the iPhone and iPad.
Bug Fixes. Removed semi-colon character from symbol character set because of problems with logins using it in the password. All New Improved Password Generation Algorythm *** Warning *** will not be able to recreate passwords created with pwdGen version 1.0 after updating to new version 1.1. Passwords created with the new version of pwdGen will be able to be recreated.