COMPANION APP FOR OU MODULE WEBSITES. ACCESS YOUR LEARNING MATERIALS ON THE GO.
The OU Study app is for enrolled students who are registered on a course or qualification. Free or paid-for learning content from partner websites (such as OpenLearn or FutureLearn) will not be available in the app.
THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE OF THE OU STUDY APP
OU Study is currently only available to use on selected modules. The majority of modules will not be available in the app until September 2020. The full list of available modules and the roll-out plan is available at: https://learn1.open.ac.uk/admin/tool/redirector/redirect.php/oustudyapp
If your module is available, you will need to sign in using your Open University Username and Password (the same one you use to sign in to the website).
OU Study is a companion app and should be used in conjunction with your module website (available on desktop and mobile).
The OU Study app gives you access to:
- Module study planner with key dates and activities
- Learning materials, some of which can be downloaded for offline use
- Assessment page
- Tutorials page
- Forums page
- Resources page
- News and events pages
For help and support using the app, visit the OU Study app help pages at https://learn1.open.ac.uk/admin/tool/redirector/redirect.php/oustudyapp
Feel free to leave a review and rating in the app store so other students can see what you think about the app. We regret that we may not always be able to reply to these directly but if you are an OU Student, you can contact the Helpdesk with anything urgent you need assistance with via https://learn1.open.ac.uk/admin/tool/redirector/redirect.php/oustudyapp
Wed love to hear what you think about the app and how youd like us to improve it. If youd like to give your feedback directly to us, please use our official feedback link in the settings menu within the app. Were not able to reply to these directly but we do read all your feedback and prioritise our developments based on your ideas. We cant always implement everything, but we give it a good go. Keep an eye out for new updates throughout the year.
THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE USING THE APP
- Not all activities will be available in the app, but links will take you to the mobile version of the website where needed. This will include things like quizzes and collaborative activities such as forum discussions, blogs, wikis and OpenStudio.
- Links to other OU websites such as StudentHome, the Library and Study sites will open in your mobile browser.
- On your module website, the study planner always opens on the current week, based on the date. This means you are always shown the activities, including events and assessments due that week. The study planner in the app however, will take you back to the week that you were last looking at in the app, rather than the current week based on date. This means it will be quicker for you to start where you left off but it also means you wont have key dates surfaced as easily if youre studying at a different pace than the module. In the future, we will introduce notifications to help keep you informed about upcoming dates but for now, you will be responsible for keeping an eye on your key dates for assessments and tutorials when using the app. You will need to check these regularly using the Assessment and Tutorials pages, or by using the desktop and mobile versions of your module website.
- The Study planner progress tracking (tick boxes and progress bar) are synced between the app and your module website, which means if you tick an activity as done on the app, the change will be made to your module website, and vice versa.
- Any activities you complete in the app that can be saved, like answering questions, are synced between the app and the website.