Blaring smartphone alarms don't make waking up a pleasant experience. Using a song to wake up to can make you really hate that song.
WakingNews supports a variety of brands like Huffington Post, Yahoo News or other in-house sources, Engadget, and more.
The app's display screen that mimics your phone's home screen by showing the current weather and day's forecast, the news playing, and snooze and dismiss options for your alarm.
Setting up your alarm in WakingNews works the same as setting a regular alarm or reminder. Choose the time, and select the news source you want to headlines from. You can set the alarm as a reminder or to repeat throughout the week.
When your alarm goes off, you can switch between news sources with a similar display to music streaming apps.
Though WakingNews probably won't put Yahoo back on the map, it could give users another wake-up option for the morning.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Yahoo is testing audio briefing alarms the WakingNews app for Android users.
- WakingNews lets users set alarms in the app, hear the latest headlines from news sources, and keep up with the day's forecast.
- Yahoo remakes its Messenger app as Yahoo Together
- Gmail for iPhone now lets you view multiple accounts in one inbox
- AccuWeather app adds activity suggestions based on the weather and your location
- Two-factor authentication on Apple, Instagram, Amazon and others falls short, says new report
- Yahoo must pay $50M in damages for security breach (CNET)
- IoT botnet infects 100000 routers to send Hotmail, Outlook, and Yahoo spam (ZDNet)
- Your personal data is widely available to hackers (TechRepublic)