One of the best ways to keep up with your fitness goals or your New Year's resolution to get in shape is to mix up your workout routines. To help, there are dozens of fitness apps available for download, and trainers publish routines on YouTube or other social media platforms all the time.
Combining routines and videos, the Plankk Studio app (download for iOS or Android) incorporates more than 1,000 classes, on-demand or streamed live, led by top fitness influencers. You can participate in classes from your living room taught by instructors like Ingrid Romero, James Ellis and Christina Vargas.
Plankk Studio offers a diverse catalog of workouts like cardio, muscle sculpting, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or yoga classes. No matter your fitness level, there is a class for you.
SEE: Best Fitness Trackers for 2019 (CNET)
Plankk helps you track your workouts, tallies your current and longest workout streaks and shows you how many classes you've taken.
A valuable part of the app is the community aspect. Working out can be hard to stick to if you're doing it alone. Plankk's live classes include a Q&A feature that lets you communicate with the class instructor directly. The in-app community encourages accountability and motivation among members.
Plankk Studio requires a subscription, so you might consider your schedule and how much you plan to use the app before committing to it. Users can choose between $15 per month, $33 quarterly or $90 annually.
However, if you're on a budget and still want to get in shape, there are other options. The FlexIt app (download for iOS or Android) lets you only pay for the gym when you go. RockMyRun (download for iOS or Android) and the Blogilates Official App (download for iOS or Android) are also free options.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- The Plankk Studio app offers a diverse catalog of workouts like cardio, muscle sculpting, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or yoga classes. Popular fitness influencers teach classes at various skill levels.
- Plankk requires a subscription. Users can choose between $15 per month, $33 quarterly or $90 annually.
- 7 apps to help break bad habits in 2019
- 9 best food tracking apps
- Fitbit smart watches just got more fitness tracking, exercise modes and apps
- AI workout app RocketBody among first to use Apple Watch ECG data
- Best Fitness Apps for Android for 2019 (CNET)
- Gadgets and apps to help you get (and stay) fit and healthy in 2019 (ZDNet)
- How to choose the right wearable device for business vs. fitness (TechRepublic)