Looking for a full-featured but friendly video editor to create online videos? You may want to take Adobe's new Premiere Rush CC app for a spin.
Unveiled at the Adobe Max Creativity Conference, Premiere Rush CC is designed specifically for online video creators who publish to such sites as YouTube and Instagram, according to Adobe. Through the app, you can capture and edit videos, apply color filters, add music and narration, save your video to your device, and then share it via YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram. By using Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can also work with the same videos on your PC and mobile devices.
Adobe has long offered its own professional video editor called Premiere Pro. But this program is complex and can be intimidating to casual users. By offering a powerful yet more user-friendly editor, Adobe is looking to capture the growing audience of people who want to create videos to share online.
"With Premiere Rush CC, content creators do not have to be video, color or audio experts to publish professional-quality videos," Adobe said. "Premiere Rush CC harnesses the power of Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC, offers built-in access to professionally designed Motion Graphics templates in Adobe Stock to get started quickly and features a Sensei-powered, one-click auto-duck feature to adjust music and normalize sound."
Premiere Rush CC kicks off with a guided interactive tour to teach how to create your first video. You start by incorporating some of the built-in video samples. The tour shows you all the basic steps, including naming your video, selecting the clips, previewing your video, trimming and rearranging clips, applying filters, adding titles, and then saving or publishing your video.
What about the price tag? You can use Premiere Rush CC through a free Starter plan available to anyone who has a free Adobe Creative Cloud membership. With this free plan, you can access all the features of Rush on your PC or iOS device, export up to three videos, and receive 2GB of online storage. For $9.99 a month, a Single App plan grants you an unlimited number of exports and gives you 100GB of cloud storage.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Available for Windows, MacOS, and iOS, Adobe's Premiere Rush CC is a simpler and more user-friendly video editor.
- You can use Premiere Rush CC for free, but you're limited to three video exports. A Single App plan with unlimited exports costs $9.99 a month.
- With Adobe Premiere Rush, sharpen your online video editing skills
- Adobe's Project Rush lets you edit, create, and share video on both Android and iOS
- Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud updated with a raft of new features
- Adobe Photoshop app for iPad coming in 2019
- Adobe Project Rush aims to address social media pros' video woes (CNET)
- Adobe's Creative Cloud overhaul infuses AI, multiple screens and sets stage for augmented, virtual reality (ZDNet)
- Adobe MAX 2018 keynote: Liberate your creativity (TechRepublic)