Google's new Pixel 3 smartphone might have another bug. The latest tip, received by Android Police, said Pixel 3 and 3 XL users' SMS messages were vanishing.
A similar bug was affecting the camera earlier last month. Shortly after its release, Pixel users reported a bug in the camera causing some photos not to save.
Android Police speculates that the Pixel's November 5 update could be the culprit.
"I'm on the Pixel 3 and all of my texts were deleted by the stock messaging app this morning," one Reddit user said. "The security update was automatically installed, but I hadn't reset my phone to finish the update. I've only had the phone for 3 weeks and hadn't bothered to back up any of my texts. Is there any way to salvage them?"
It's unclear whether the problem lies in the device or in Pixel's Messages app.
Android Police said Google planned to fix the camera bug quickly.
"We will be rolling out a software update in the coming weeks to address the rare case of a photo not properly saving," a Google spokesperson told Android Police.
Regardless of whether it's deleted photos of SMS messages, the phone's newness means many users didn't back up their files yet.
Even if the newest bug gets fixed, it's still Pixel users who've taken the loss.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Reddit users reported that SMS messages were disappearing from their new Pixel 3 and 3 XL devices. The problem seems to have arisen after the November 5 update.
- The Pixel device had a similar bug last month when users reported photos not saving to the camera roll.
- Google brings Lens to mobile web to help you get more info straight from photos
- Google redesigns search to make it more like an app: 4 changes to watch
- Google Translate can now use Google Lens text conversion for 13 more languages
- Google Pixel Bud language translation is now available to other headphones and earbuds
- Black Friday Pixel deals 2018: Pixel 3 for $600, Pixel 3 XL for $700 (CNET)
- A weekend with the Pixel 3 XL: The camera proved its worth (ZDNet)
- Google Pixel 3: Cheat sheet (TechRepublic)