The new Marketplace, which lets you buy anything from furniture to clothing, now lets buyers order items directly through the app and seller ship items within the US. This means you'll no longer have to schedule a pickup time on either end of the transaction.
Here's how to use it.
Buying items on Facebook Marketplace
The Marketplace app is easy to navigate -- you can browse, search by keyword or search by category. Now, when you find an item you like, you'll see an option to checkout directly through the app. You can choose the quantity you want and the shipping price.
When you select the Checkout button, you'll be taken to a payment page where you'll enter your delivery address and credit card or PayPal info. Facebook says the transaction will be secure.
You'll also notice that you can now send the seller a message from the product listing, rather than being directed to Facebook Messenger.
Selling on Marketplace
When listing an item on Facebook Marketplace, you now have the option to offer shipping. Create a new listing with the usual information and select "offer shipping" at the bottom. Once your customer receives their item, you'll be paid.
You will also be able to live broadcast the items you're selling in a video on Facebook, but it's not available yet. You'll be able to answer any questions the buyers have about the products while you're live streaming.
See what Facebook's new design looks like here.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Facebook adds MySpace-style feature of adding songs to your profile
- Facebook rolling out feature to create your own online petitions
- Facebook testing new way to help you share events with your friends
- This is when you'll get the new Facebook apps and features (CNET)
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg: 'The future is private' (ZDNet)
- Facebook Messenger hits 40M business users, but won't replace Slack anytime soon (TechRepublic)