You can now see charging port availability in the US and the UK on Google Maps, according to a blog post published on Tuesdayby Alex Donaldson, product manager of Google Maps. Just search "EV charging stations" in the app or on a desktop to see real-time information from networks like Chargemaster, EVgo, SemmaConnect and eventually, Chargepoint.
Google Maps will tell you port availability, where the station is, port types and charging speed. You'll also be able to read station reviews, view photos, see ratings and read questions from other visitors.
The new feature is available on desktop, Android, iOS and Android Auto.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- When traveling to Los Angeles, use these apps to guide you (Download.com)
- When traveling to New York City, use these apps to guide you (Download.com)
- When traveling to Seattle, use these apps to guide you (Download.com)
- The 7 best transit apps for the Bay Area (Download.com)
- Seattle, Orlando and Atlanta among best cities for gamers (CNET)
- A news app for car-bound commuters (ZDNet)
- Ditching Uber? 8 alternatives for professionals (TechRepublic)