Google is teaming up with a group of nonprofit organizations to help you make donations through the Google Play Store during the holiday giving season.
The portal is currently listed as "Coming soon to Play."
"We're inspired by the many ways that the Play community shares resources, supports each other and creates positive change," Google said in a blog post. "We hope this update offers a way to help other communities outside of our own in need."
Here's a list of the organizations that you can donate to:
- American Red Cross
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- Girls Who Code
- International Rescue Committee
- Room to Read
- Save the Children
- World Food Program USA
- World Wildlife Fund US
The company said that users can donate quickly from their Android devices, and 100 percent of the funds go directly to the nonprofit you choose.
For now, Google Play donation is only available in US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Taiwan, and Indonesia. Anyone can donate to these nonprofits year-round by going to their individual websites.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Google released a list of nonprofits that have teamed up with the Google Play Store that users can donate to during the holiday giving season.
- Users can donate to organizations like the American Red Cross, Girls Who Code, UNICEF, and others.
- 5 online scams to avoid during 2018 holiday shopping
- Must-have apps for parents this holiday season
- Best apps to help you shop for the holidays
- 10 apps to help you throw a holiday party in 2018
- 7 apps to help you decorate for the holidays
- YouTube Giving makes contributing to charities easier (CNET)
- Can blockchain-powered donations restore your trust in charities? Helperbit thinks so (ZDNet)
- 10 tips to combat phishing via social media platforms (TechRepublic)