Google Maps has added a feature that lets you create a public event through Maps for Android. The new feature is live now, according to Android Police, but doesn't appear to be available to everyone. CNET staffers didn't see the option to create an event.
Google wasn't immediately available for comment.
On the support page, Google said the feature might not be available in some regions. Here's how to check the availability and add a public event on your Android device:
- Open Google Maps
- Tap Contribute
- Tap Events
- Tap "+" to add a public event
Follow steps 1-3 to edit your event's details or to delete it. You can add photos, the date and time, the type of event you're hosting and more.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Google Maps app launches new feature to help find EV charging stations
- Google Maps integrates star ratings for businesses directly into the map
- Google Maps mobile app adds elevation chart for bicycle riders
- Waze turn-by-turn navigation service brings separate 'Carpool' app to all US customers (CNET)
- Technique could enable robots to navigate pushy crowds, congested streets(ZDNet)
- How to turn on gesture-based navigation in Android Pie (TechRepublic)