Counseling is a great way to care for your relationship with your partner, even if there isn't trouble. Trying fit regular sessions with a therapist into a busy schedule can be challenging, however.
Lasting (download for iOS or Android) is a "proactive marriage health program" from the developers behind The Knot wedding app and The Bump app for expecting parents. The app has a spot for you and your partner, learns about your relationship and creates a personalized counseling program.
The app maker said it incorporates scientific research and longitudinal marriage studies into accessible 5-minutes sessions to teach couples the skills to build and sustain a healthy marriage.
Lasting's sessions are based on three principles -- the importance of emotional connection, learning about your partner's "inner world" and how selfless actions protect and enhance your marriage.
Couples should start out with Lasting's Marriage Health Intro series. The five free sessions introduce couples to the basics of marriage health -- conflict, connection and communication, according to Lasting.
The free trial also includes an assessment for you and your partner, the "How to Keep Your Marriage Healthy" audio lesson, three exercises and the habit-building Health Marriage Reminders feature.
After the free trial, you can choose to subscribe to Premium to unlock the rest the app. Lasting Premium includes two spots for you and your partner, the ability to compare and share sessions with your partner and marriage health assessments.
Premium subscribers will also gain access to hundreds of sessions covering topics like emotional connection, sex, money, parenthood, communication and appreciation.
Lasting Premium is $12 per month or $80 for an annual subscription. It might sound a bit pricey, but the app reviews are positive.
"It's actually really helpful," one Google Play Store review said. "It makes you think of things that you normally wouldn't think to address in your marriage or partnership."
"I really love this app," a review in the App Store said. "Marriage counseling is expensive, and I've learned more about myself and my relationship via Lasting for a fraction of the cost."
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Lasting is a "proactive marriage health program" that learns about your relationship and creates a personalized counseling program for you and your partner.
- Lasting's sessions cover hundreds of topics in their sessions like emotional connection, sex, money, parenthood, communication, appreciation and more.
- Coffee Meets Bagel dating app gets minimalist redesign so it's easier for singles to find their next date
- Best alternatives to Tinder to find love and romance
- Help your friends find a date on Ship app
- 'Once' dating app pushes quality over quantity with a single match a day
- Best Valentine's Day movies on Netflix for 2019 (CNET)
- Samsung's latest idea shows the Apocalypse is nigh (ZDNet)
- How to know when to let someone go (TechRepublic)