A lot of mental and physical changes come with turning 50 years old. As your body starts to truly show signs of aging like lesser muscle function, diminished healing abilities and slower blood flow, you may have to adjust your workout regiment (or begin one).
A Flip50 subscription includes access to more than 10,000 gyms, fitness centers and classes, as well as discounts for acupuncture, massage and chiropractic therapies at more than 17,000 locations. It also includes a personalized wellness plan.
The app focuses on three pillars of health that become more important with age--fitness, nutrition and relaxation.
Users who prefer working out at home instead of at the gym can access classes directly from the app. For relaxation time, your subscription includes a $20 voucher for certain therapies in Flip50's network. If you've already used the voucher, the app still offers 10-30 percent discounts on other services.
Flip50 offers expert advice and ideas for fitness activities that fit your schedule and needs, along with customized meal plans to help you maintain a healthy weight. The personalized weekly plan helps users fit in exercise, eating and moments to relax.
For example, your weekly plan might include a cardio interval on Monday, eating seven servings of veggies on Tuesday and focusing on meditative breathing on Wednesday.
If the scheduled activities don't fit your schedule, you can simply "flip" for something different. Flip50 uses smart learning to adapt and keep track of your likes and schedule.
The downside of Flip50 is its price. There is a free version of the app, but you'll only have access to the personalized weekly plan to help organize your nutrition, exercise and relaxation.
A subscription to the app, which unlocks the full content, is $35 per month. Until February 28, AARP members can receive $15 off their first month and have the enrollment fee waived with proof of membership.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Flip50 is a health program designed for seniors. With a subscription, you'll get access to more than 10,000 gyms, discounts for therapies at more than 17,000 locations, and a personalized wellness plan.
- The app focuses on three pillars of health that become more important with age-- fitness, nutrition and relaxation. If the scheduled activities don't fit your schedule, simply "flip" for something different. Flip50 uses smart learning to keep adapt and keep track of your likes and schedule.
- Workout with top fitness influencers on the Plankk Studio app
- Apple teams with VA to expand Health Records to US veterans
- 9 best food tracking apps
- Aetna teamed up with Apple to create new 'Attain' health coach app
- Fitbit Charge 3 vs. Versa: Which is the best fitness tracker? (CNET)
- Microsoft and digital health: AI, IoT and cloud computing point the way to personalized care (ZDNet)
- 5 mobile apps to help you stay healthy and fit at the office (TechRepublic)