In response to a privacy bug, Google last month temporarily pulled the ability for Google Assistant to cast content to Android TV devices. This meant users couldn't do things like ask their Google Home speakers to play a YouTube video or set a Google Photo album as a screensaver on their smart TV.
"We appreciate the patience of our user community as we continue to investigate the bug. We have reenabled the ability to remotely cast via the Google Assistant and view photos from Google Photos for unaffected Android TV devices," a Google spokesperson told 9to5Google. "To protect user privacy until a permanent resolution is identified, these abilities as well as additional voice functionalities will remain disabled for impacted Android TV devices."
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Pandora Music mobile app now has its own virtual assistant
- Apple Music to get Amazon Echo and Alexa support in time for the holidays
- Amazon's Alexa virtual assistant: How to delete the data it records
- Pandora launches The Drop, a personalized new-release playlist (CNET)
- Google Assistant to hit 1 billion devices, aims to surround and pound Amazon's Alexa at CES 2019 (ZDNet)
- CES 2019: Google Assistant helps business travelers interpret, get directions, check into flights (TechRepublic)