Remember MySpace? As far as social media went, we really had it good back then. With all the platforms available to us today, it's hard to imagine the simplicity of MySpace existing today.
You could soon have a MySpace favorite feature on your Facebook (iOS, Android) account, though. In a blog post, Facebook said it's testing the ability to add a song to your profile. The company is also working on integrating music into Facebook stories, expanding Lip Sync Live, and working on a standalone music app.
Facebook is joining other social media that are adding musical features. Most recently Instagram enabled users to add SoundCloud songs directly to Stories.
Songs in Facebook Stories
You can now incorporate a song into your Facebook Story. Simply take a photo or video on the Facebook Camera or upload one from our Camera Roll. Tap the sticker icon and select the music sticker.
Once you find a song you'd like to add, you can pick your favorite part and add a sticker with the artist and song title.
Songs on your profile
Soon you can add your favorite song, whatever new jam you love, or a song that matches your mood to your profile. You can also pin the song to the top of your profile or add it to a special "music" section.
When you add a song, your friends can click on it to play it and additional info about the artist will generate. From there your friends can add the song to their own profile or search more on the artist's Facebook page.
Lip Sync Live update
Lip Sync Live has rolled out to most profiles around the world. Facebook is adding lyrics to the song you're lip syncing.
Not every song will have them in the feature's beginning stages. Users can pick from songs like "New Rules" by Dua Lipa, "Better" by Khalid, and "Girls Like You" by Maroon 5.
Facebook is also working on expanding the lip sync feature to more artists and creators by expanding to Pages. The company hopes for more connections between fans and musicians.
Hoping to regain some younger users, Facebook is working on a standalone karaoke app similar to TikTok (formerly Muiscal.ly). Facebook's Lip Sync Live is already like the other music app and is integrated into the Facebook app.
With Lasso, users will be able to record and share videos of themselves lip-syncing or dancing to songs.
"It's basically TikTok/Musically. It's full-screen, built for teens, fun and funny, and focused on creation" a source told TechCrunch.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Facebook is working on improving music features and adding new ones to profiles. The company is also working on a standalone karaoke app, Lasso.
- Facebook will soon let you add a song to your profile like MySpace, see lyrics on Lip Sync Live, and add songs to Facebook Stories.
- Facebook Messenger's new design goes for simple, uncluttered look
- Facebook launches 3D photos to transform your everyday pictures
- Facebook caught testing Instagram user location history
- How to protect your Facebook privacy by removing unwanted apps
- 50 million Facebook accounts were compromised. Was yours? (CNET)
- At last! A Facebook device in my kitchen (and bedroom) (ZDNet)
- Facebook's Zuckerberg: Here's how we'll fix our massive data privacy problems (TechRepublic)