Headaches can strike for a variety of reasons: Stress, tension, lights, loud noises, weird smells. Some headaches can start because of weather fluctuations. A drop in the barometric pressure can upset chemicals in the brain, like serotonin, resulting in a migraine.
The app gives you a seven-day barometric pressure forecast and a historical record. And WeatherX can alert you to upcoming weather changes. All the information is presented in an easy-to-understand display.
Those with migraines have different triggers, so WeatherX has customizable settings to adjust your sensitivity to atmospheric changes. You can also use location services for more accuracy.
The developer said the app works best with WeatherX earplugs. When the app alerts you to changes, you can insert the earplugs to help reduce the chance of a headache, the developer said. The earplugs have a ceramic inner filter that regulates the air flow in and out of the ear canal.
The earplugs can be ordered on the WeatherX site and cost about $11 for a pair.
The app presents a drug-free way to tackle headaches. If you don't want to buy the earplugs, it might still be possible to use the app and preemptively take medication to stop a headache.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- The WeatherX app forecasts changes in the barometric pressure so users can take steps to prevent a headache with the WeatherX earplugs.
- The app offers a drug-free option to manage headaches. If someone doesn't want to purchase the earplugs, they might take preemptive medication in the event of a barometric drop.
- AccuWeather app adds activity suggestions based on the weather and your location
- Dark Sky weather app gets a big redesign to help you visualize the day's forecast
- 'My Possible Self' mental health app helps users understand anxiety by looking for patterns and triggers
- 'Nurse 1-1' health app provides basic medical information from physician assitants and nurses
- Ember smart mugs now tell Apple Health your caffeine intake (CNET)
- 5G spectrum changes could impact weather radars (ZDNet)
- AI that improves healthcare efficiency also threatens profits (TechRepublic)