Vine, everyone's favorite video looping app, might be making a comeback as Byte. Vine co-founder Dom Hoffman's team reportedly sent out 100 invites to beta test Byte with plans to add more testers soon. The app tweeted the news on Monday.
Hoffman wasn't immediately available for comment but tweeted about the beta test on Monday. Hoffman also included a video that showed what Byte's interface will look like.
"The Byte beta we've been running with friends and family "feels" exactly like the Vine Friends and Family beta, down to the weird but appealing randomness of the videos. That'll change as we expand, but it's a pretty good sign," he said.
Vine was shuttered by Twitter in 2017. Hoffman announced a potential replacement, Byte, the following year with a Spring 2019 release date.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Friday 5: Evernote, Google Maps, Vine Camera, Fabby, Ambience
- Twitter now lets you help ferret out fake accounts
- Best game apps to win real money
- Sorry, Vine's replacement v2 has been delayed indefinitely (CNET)
- Despite smaller share, iOS continues to attract content apps first (ZDNet)
- Skip Youtube and go straight to social: What brands should know about native video on social media (TechRepublic)