Saving money on groceries can be a challenge.
Most of us go to the same stores on our weekly grocery trip. And as we shop, we try to save money by buying generic brands, using rewards cards or simply by cutting back. Clipping sales circulars like extreme couponers isn't sustainable for everyone.
The Basket app thinks you shouldn't have to tweak your grocery list to lower your weekly food bill; you need to change where you're shopping spend less on your food.
Basket is a community of grocery shoppers who share item prices and deals daily to make sure everyone is paying the lowest price possible.
"Basket lets you compare in-store and online prices, giving you choices and putting you in control," the website said.
Simply create a shopping list in the app, and Basket will figure out which stores have what you need and how much you'll pay at each place. In addition to comparing prices, Basket will keep you updated on sales and coupons for to maximize your savings.
Basket includes information from stores like Costco, Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Amazon, Publix, Walmart, Safeway and Target.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- The Basket app is a community of grocery shoppers who share item prices and deals daily to make sure everyone is paying the lowest price possible.
- After you create a shopping list in the app, Basket will figure out which stores have what you need and how much you'll pay at each place.
- Keep your 2019 New Year's Resolutions on track with these apps
- 7 apps to help break bad habits in 2019
- Best to-do list apps of 2019 for managing tasks for the Mac
- Postmates will roll out robot food delivery in 2019
- Microsoft and Kroger put 'connected' grocery shopping to the test (CNET)
- Hottest tech jobs, biggest tech companies and the future of food (ZDNet)
- 500 robots infiltrate US grocery stores to identify safety hazards (TechRepublic)