Apple Maps users in India can now take full advantage of the app's turn-by-turn navigation. The feature offers users exact directions when driving or walking.
In addition, users can book a ride with Uber or Ola from the Maps app. Apple hasn't released information about public transportation yet.
It's possible that Apple's declining iPhone sales, which led to the company lowering its revenue expectations for the next quarter, influenced the feature's arrival in India. Apple may recognize the potential in India's blossoming app economy.
Along with quietly improving navigation for India, Apple Maps added other new content to the app for users internationally.
On Apple's Feature Availability page, Mac Rumors spotted 50 new Flyover locations. The Flyover feature displays 3D photo views of cities and famous landmarks. The new list includes several cities across the US, Japan, France and Italy.
Apple also added to its catalog of indoor maps. The company's lengthy list now includes maps of the Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina and dozens of malls around the world.
Apple Maps users in Canada can take advantage of speed limit information in the app, where before, the feature was only available in the UK and US.
The app also now includes transit directions for Louisiana and Minnesota in the US. The feature displays public transportation options like subways, buses, ferries and more. Users can plan a route, view schedules and get step-by-step directions with help from Siri.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- Apple Maps users in India now have access to the app's turn-by-turn navigation. The feature shows exact directions when you're driving or walking.
- In addition, more cities can take advantage of the Flyover feature, transit directions, speed limit information and indoor maps.
- Google's Assistant and Maps apps drop Android Auto and Apple CarPlay requirements
- How to find Lime bike and scooter transit in Google Maps
- Apple Watch ECG heart monitor app: How to use it
- Google Maps now lets you add hashtags to spice up your reviews
- 4 things you can do in Apple Maps that you can't in Google Maps (CNET)
- CES 2019: Intel's Mobileye signs deal with UK mapping agency (ZDNet)
- CES 2019: Intel's Mobileye to help businesses tap smart city data, 5G (TechRepublic)