The new iPad focuses more on creativity and display.The new iPad will feature Adobe Photoshop CC in full. Adobe's Jamie Myrold gave a demonstration of the device's abilities for creatives.
Myrold used the new Apple Pencil to dive into pixel-level precision and, with a simple double-tap on the Apple Pencil, zoomed back out. Adobe said the iPad version of Photoshop will ship in 2019.
In collaboration with Adobe Photoshop and Project Aero, Myrold made edits on a 3GB image piece giving the image 3D-like qualities. Project Aero adds an AR design element to the experience. Aero will also ship in 2019, Adobe said.
Pruden said Assassin's Creed Rebellion is coming to iPad Pro for the first time. The iPad's liquid retina display enhances details like fog and streaming sunlight in the game at 120 frames per second.
While on the topic of games, you can play NBA 2K on the iPad as well. Greg Thomas, executive vice president of 2K Games, said the game's iPad Pro display rivaled console realism. Thomas noted the details even extended to the fans, individually rendered, in the stands.
Apple's new tablet will easily handle resource-intensive apps like Autodesk, the company said, and let designers run the autocad app on the iPad Pro for architectural design. Users will also see changes to the Procreate design app for Savage and the Notability note-taking app from Ginger Labs.
Apple also announced the new iOS 12.1. With the OS update, users will be able to hold group chats with up to 32 people via FaceTime and use 70 new emojis.
The new iPad Pro is available for pre-order now and will ship November 7. The 11-inch iPad Pro comes in 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB models, and starts at $800. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro has the same storage options and starts at $1,000.
FOLLOW Download.com on Twitter for all the latest app news.
- The second Apple Event this fall introduced the latest Apple devices. The new iPad Pro -- the thinnest iPad ever -- packs more pixels, more storage, faster processing, and a bigger display in a wafer-thin tablet.
- Users can take advantage of the full Adobe Photoshop CC program, Assassin's Creed Rebellion, NBA 2K, and more on the new iPad Pro.
- Apple reportedly launching Netflix competitor in over 100 countries in 2019
- How to download your private account data from Apple
- Two-factor authentication on Apple, Instagram, Amazon and others falls short, says new report
- Mac developer survey: Less revenue from the App Store -- but better relations with Apple
- Apple new iPad Pro unlocks new app capabilities (CNET)
- Apple widens 'Today at Apple' in-store classes with 60 new programs (CNET)
- Apple finally, finally comes up for Air (ZDNet)
- Apple's MacBook Air 2018 update: Cheat sheet (TechRepublic)