LocalVote is turning your phone into a feedback system. You can run anononymous polls and votes locally on your smartphone or tablet with no internet connection at all. Only a local wifi or hotspot is required. The App is only working in your local wifi not in the mobile Network!
Whenever you need to ask a question or if you need feedback from a larger group be it in school, at university or at your company you can just get out your smartphone and start a quick localvote.
You can use this app as an Audience Response System (ARS) or Classroom Response System (CRS).
The votes are send via wifi directly to your phone. Votes will not be saved online. Your voting-results belong to you. You don't have to register anywhere and you don't need a remote server. In fact you don't even need the internet. If you have a local wifi connection or even your own hotspot you are ready to start a voting.
People can take part if they are in the same network as you are and they can vote with any device that has a modern webbrowser. Just type in your IP and port in your browser or scan the QR-Code.
Currently a bar chart and a pie chart give you live and instant feedback on how the vote is going.
LocalVote is still in development so if you have questions, feature requests or problems of any kind with the app, I would be happy if you let me know. As the App is not yet finished I would be glad if you would not be too harsh with the rating and give me the chance to improve the app.
- Create and edit questions and answers
- Vote by scanning a QR-Code or visit the local webaddress of your smartphone
- Overview about votes that were send
- Bar Chart with live update that displays the current distribution of your votes
- Voting possible for any modern Webbrowser (Websockets are a requirement)
- New votes can be started by hitting play
- Votes will run in Background and can be stopped by closing the App in your App Overview
- A remote access for the qrCodes and voting results (vote results in remote access will not be live updated but can be refreshed manually. This offers more control about the time the result will be shown - Reloading of the website will load the latest results)
- Open answers displayed as word-cloud
- Multiple vote: If this options is activated one person can vote multiple times. If deactivated the last answer of a voter will overwrite the previously given one. This will allow voters to reajust their opinion by voting again and overwriting their last answer. Note that a voter might be able to be identified when this option is deactivated.
- Display of basic statistics
- Multiple choice: If this option is activated, voters can select several answers and submit them at once. This can be combined with multiple votes. The last givens answers will always count.
- Data export as CSV
- The vote via Hotspot is limited on many devices (Sometimes only 5 people can be connected to one Hotspot)
- Older devices can take part at votes when you install either Firefox or Dolphin on that device or another modern browser with websocket support
-- Vote local with LocalVote --