Organ donation for transplantation is a complex area often making it difficult for healthcare professionals to access time critical information when it matters most.
The Irish Organ Donation Handbook application is aimed at healthcare professionals in
Ireland involved in the process of organ donation. It contains all key information about the
entire process in a structured and easy to navigate manner.
The Irish Organ Donation Handbook application is divided into 12 icons:
- Organ Donation in Ireland
- Clinical Triggers and Donor Identification
- Criteria for Organ Donation
- ICU Management of the Possible Organ Donor
- Diagnosis of Neurological Death
- Donation after Circulatory Death
- Organ Specific Assessment for Solid Organ Donation
- Family Approach
- Perioperative Management of the Organ Donor
- Contact Details
Key features of the app include:
- Searchable content with web links if necessary
- ICSI guidelines for Diagnosis of Brain Stem Death
- ICSI guidelines for Donation after Circulatory Death
- Updates delivered on a regular basis
- Push notifications for relevant educational and social events
The MEG Support Tools system provides a way for clinicians to deliver their guidelines, protocols and clinical practice guides to staff members on their own mobile devices. Access to this information at the point of care provides immediate guidance and helps to improve patient outcomes. For more information on the MEG system contact us through the developer links.