iDamage pushes thunderstorm damage reports originating from trained spotters, emergency responders, and members of the public to your Android phone or tablet. If you chase tornados, hail, or high winds for a living, volunteer to assist your community during severe weather events, or just want to improve your situational awareness on days when storms might pop up, iDamage is the app for you.
Here are its features:
- Push notification of storm events, oftentimes including very specific damage reports. Coverage area includes the entire Contiguous (Lower 48) United States.
- User-configurable filters allow you to receive notifications for the entire Contiguous US, an entire state, a local area, and/or for specific types of severe weather (tornado, hail, high wind). Use the auto-location feature of your mobile device to set a filter if you are traveling and not sure of your general location.
- Separate push notification sounds for wind, hail and tornado events.
- Map of storm events with color coded markers. Timeframes are 3-hr, full day, or archival (back to 29 Feb 2004). Touch any pin for access to details.
- 24 hour (with radar animation + watch boxes), 2-day, 3-day, and 4-8 day convective (thunderstorm) outlook with probability maps and technical discussion.
- Local hazardous weather products (including watches and warnings), selectable by typing in a location or via auto-location.
*** NOTE: Watches and warnings are NOT pushed. iDamage only pushes reports of thunderstorm (convective) events. Tropical and extratropical systems may not generate reports.
All weather data presented by iDamage is from the National Weather Service and not subject to copyright protection. homedatasheet.com, Inc. is not affiliated with the National Weather Service.