Get ready for your graphic design textbook to come to life! This fun and informative augmented reality app is designed to improve your learning experience and help you better understand core concepts from the book. The apps varied and engaging experiences will cover topics ranging from Gestalt principles to perspective.
- Join a virtual docent as she takes you on a guided tour of concepts behind some of the milestones in graphic design work
- Use an AR magnifying glass to take a closer look at intricate magazine spreads and other image details
- Test your graphic design knowledge with a fun, interactive pop-up pop quiz
- Peer down the corridors of an Italian Renaissance streetscape and admire the architecture of Martinis Ideal City
- Watch Eadweard Muybridges 19th-century time-lapse still photos come to life as a horse gallops on the page
- Listen to Futurist Marinetti perform one of his sound poems as the typography animates off the page
The GRAPHIC DESIGN THEORY AR app was created to enhance the textbook Graphic Design Theory Graphic Design in Context by Meredith Davis. The app requires the textbook or the image target supplement (included with the app) to work. This app is a companion to the course GD303 Graphic Design Theory + Practice, offered by the Department of Graphic Design and Industrial Design at NC State University.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the app with the textbook (or with the included image target supplement), please consult the getting started section of the app. Enjoy!
This application was developed by NC State University's Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications team (DELTA) in collaboration with NC State's College of Design.
Link to the textbook: Graphic Design Theory Graphic Design in Context by Meredith Davis