EASL - The Home of Hepatology - is Europe's preeminent liver association with global reach and influence.
Education is a priority for EASL and the association provides educational opportunities at every level from clinical fellow to professor.
Every year, EASL hosts:
- The International Liver Congress, the annual meeting of the association, uniting over 10,000 liver experts
- 1 EASL Special Conference with sponsorship opportunities for those interested in Hepatology
- Up to 3 EASL Monothematic Conferences
- 2 Schools of Hepatology (1 basic science and 1 clinical courses) dedicated to young investigators
- 2 Summits (one on HCC one on NAFLD) combining both basic science and clinical research
- A series of 'Best of EASL' events around the globe
- 1 EASL Masterclass dedicated to young investigators
- EASL also endorses other liver related conferences, and sponsors events in the field.
EASL, The European Association for the Study of the Liver, was founded in 1966 and has now grown from a small organisation that hosted 70 participants at its first meeting to consistently welcoming over 10,000 delegates to its annual Congress. EASL attracts hepatology experts and key opinion leaders as members and has an impressive track record in promoting research, supporting education, and advocating for EU-wide policy change on liver disease.