Editor's Note: 4:40 p.m. PST 9/3/2014 UPDATE: Unfortunately we are unable to continue this promotion due to a fault in the ACDSee license key dispersal system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will continue to secure more fruitful giveaways in the future. Sorry about that folks.
2:50 p.m. PST 9/3/2014 - Due to an overwhelming response, ACDSee's registration site is experiencing difficulties. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause with registrations and request your patience while we aim to resolve this issue.
Looking for a cheap alternative to Lightroom to organize, edit, and share your photos? For the next 48 hours, you can get a free lifetime copy of the ACDSee Pro 6, a post-production and cataloging tool, courtesy of ACD Systems. There are a couple hoops to jump through, but all you need to spend to get this normally $99 professional image organizer is five minutes. Read more about ACDSee Pro.
To get your free license key:
1. Go to this landing page and create an acdID account, and choose personal account.
2. Check your email to verify the acdID account.
3. After you've signed in. Hit the Activate/Unlock option on the top right.
4. Paste the code AWS01-PLK2-4Y8L, found on the giveaway page. Link is down
5. Grab the License Key and hit Download for the software.
6. Use said License Key to activate your new copy of ACDSee Pro 6.
Taking on titans like Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture, ACDSee offers a more affordable tool for professional and amateur photographers to manage their digital assets. With Pro 6 you get native 64-bit support, advanced black & white conversion tools, and non-destructive brushes to apply selective exposure adjustments. Create HDR images from RAW files, geotag your photos, or categorize by keywords.
If you like ACDSee Pro 6, upgrade to ACDSee Pro 7 for only $60, to get even more useful features such as secondary monitor support, even more non-destructive freedom, and super-fast viewing of the largest RAW image.